Cobham Jubilee Day will be on Saturday 4th June, 11am to 4pm
Cobham is celebrating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee on Saturday 4th June on the Leg O’Mutton Field. For 2022 this event replaces Cobham Heritage Day which normally takes place in September each year.
There will be lots to see and do:-
- Free Entertainment
- Lots of Stalls to visit including a Pimms Stall
- Bring a picnic or enjoy delicious food to buy on the day
- Knight Frank/Cobham Heritage Duck Race at 4pm
Highlights of the Day
- 11am the High Sheriff of Surrey, His Honour Judge Christopher Critchlow, will open the day on the Leg O’Mutton Field.
Then the entertainment will start, the stalls will be open offering lots of interesting things to see, do and buy. We will be hoping to sell all the duck tickets for the 4pm Duck Race. There will be vehicles on display representing most of the years of the Queen’s reign.
- 12 noon the Lord Lieutenant of Surrey, Mr Michael More-Molyneux, will be joining us to meet those attending a special picnic lunch (provided by Waitrose) for some of our residents and to join in our celebrations.
All visitors are encouraged to bring a picnic or you can enjoy some of the delicious food and drink on offer from our refreshment outlets. And the usual Pimms Stall will be there for you to enjoy a celebratory drink. While eating your picnic you might be visited by our magician who will amaze you with his wondrous tricks.
Children will enjoy Juggling Jake, Punch and Judy and the Balloon Modeller. Walton Firs will be bringing a climbing frame. There will be plenty of music, dancing and much, much more.
- 4pm the famous Knight Frank /Cobham Heritage Duck Race will start on the River Mole.
This year we have arranged to have it videoed and streamed on YouTube so you can watch it on your phone, tablet or computer as well as by the riverbank.
Please walk or use public transport if you can – For those travelling from further afield, there will be a Car Park on the Leg O’Mutton Field, £4 all day per car.
Any profits from the day will be shared equally with Cobham Combined Charities and the Cobham Conservation and Heritage Trust.
As with previous Heritage Days, the event is a fun community event which brings the Cobham community together with the support and involvement of the local community using local volunteers. This year will be extra special as it will be an opportunity to celebrate the Queen's Platinium jubilee.
We need about 100 volunteers; it's a lot of fun and we have all sorts of jobs and activities to choose from. If you can help please find out more on our Volunteers page: