We normally have Cobham Heritage Day in September but as this year will be the Queen's Platinium Jubilee, we are bringing it forward to the Jubilee weekend on Saturday 4th June 2022. As always, the Trust relies on volunteers to help the day go smoothly and to be involved with the preparation for the great day.
As with previous Heritage Days, the event is a fun community event which brings the Cobham community together with the support and involvement of the local community using local volunteers. This year will be extra special as it will be an opportunity to celebrate the Queen's Platinium jubilee.
We need about 100 volunteers each year, it's a lot of fun and we have all sorts of jobs and activities to choose from. Here are just a few examples:-
- Selling Duck Race tickets in Cobham on specific days leading up to the day itself.
- Putting out and collecting the bunting and decorations.
- Putting out and collecting the signage.
- Manning the car park.
- Meet and Greet the stallholders and helping them to find their allocated stall position.
- Assisting with the unloading and loading of stallholder vehicles.
- Helping with the launch of the ducks for the duck race.
- Collecting the ducks after the race.
- Marshalling the crowds during the duck race.
- Litter picking.
- Distributing maps and event leaflets
Even if you only have a couple of hours before or on the day, your contribution of time can make the day a success. The earlier you volunteer, the greater selection of volunteer opportunities will be available.
If you think you might be interested, why not apply to become a volunteer or to find out more. You can either:
- Register using the button on the right or
To find out more just click on the "Register to become a Heritage Day Volunteer" button below and you will be taken to the Volunteering Opportunities website. Click on the "Fill in an application" button, enter a username and your email address and click the "Save and Continue" button.
If you have already registered, click on the button below and login to enter the system and choose the volunteer opportunities you would like to be a part of.