Volunteer for Heritage Day 2020
The next Cobham Heritage Day will be taking place on Saturday 12th September 2020. As always, the Trust relies on volunteers to help the day go smoothly and to be involved with the preparation for the great day.
The purpose of Heritage Day is to provide a community event for the Cobham community with the support and involvement of the local community using local volunteers showcasing Cobham Heritage to the community and to visitors.
We need about 100 volunteers each year, it's a lot of fun and we have all sorts of jobs and activities to choose from. Here are just a few examples:-
- Selling Duck Race tickets in Cobham on specific days leading up to Heritage Day or on Heritage Day itself.
- Putting out and collecting the bunting and decorations.
- Putting out and collecting the signage.
- Manning the car park.
- Meet and Greet the stallholders and helping them to find their allocated stall position.
- Assisting with the unloading and loading of stallholder vehicles.
- Helping with the launch of the ducks for the duck race.
- Collecting the ducks after the race.
- Marshalling the crowds during the duck race.
- Litter picking.
- Distributing maps and event leaflets
If you think you might be interested and are not already on our volunteer system you can register using the button at the top right of this page to find out which volunteering opportunities are on offer. Even if you only have a couple of hours before or on the day, your contribution of time can make the day a success. The earlier you volunteer, the greater selection of volunteer opportunities will be available.
To find out more just click on the "Register to become a Heritage Day Volunteer" button below and you will be taken to the Volunteering Opportunities website. Click on the "Fill in an application" button, enter a username and your email address and click the "Save and Continue" button.
If you have already registered, click on the button below and login to enter the system and choose the volunteer opportunities you would like to be a part of.